All parkrun events in this country are currently suspended due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). For further details please see here
Please also see official advice at www.sacoronavirus.co.za
The course is 5000m (5K) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Westville Country Club, Dawncliffe. The course is run on a mixture of trail paths, grass and sand. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Westville parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- Unfortunately dogs are not allowed at this event.
- Unfortunately this course is not suitable for pushchairs or buggies.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Westville parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionThe course is 2500m (2.5K) long and as such is a 2 lap course. The course is within the Eco Trails behind Westville Country Club. The course is run on a mixture of trail paths, grass and sand running through beautiful forest trails with some technical sections. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain but this would be addressed on the run briefing on the day. The route has been clearly demarcated for ease of use. Unfortunately dogs are not allowed at this event. This event is not suitable for buggies.
Ablution facilities are available within the nearest building.
Location of startThe event starts at Westville Country Club.
Getting there by public transportN/A
Getting there on footN/A
Getting there by roadFrom Durban - take the N3. Take the Pavillion turnoff, and turn right onto St James. Drive for 1.4km, and turn left into Link Rd. First left is the Westville Country Club. Go through the boom gates, and park near the squash courts.
From Hillcrest - take the M13 Durban bound. Take The Rodger Sishi Rd turnoff (Westville Rd), turn right. Drive for 1.4km, and turn left into Saltfleet Rd. Saltfleet Road becomes Link Rd, and Westville Country Club is on your right. Go through the boom gates, and park near the squash courts.
Runners will be allowed to park at the Westville Country Club parking. The GPS Coordinates are -29.83961, 30.92461