Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms
The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at 1 Ridgeway Drive, Midstream. The course is run on a mixture of tarmac paths, dirt road and grass. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
Midstream parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the event as safe as possible, so participants, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces – whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
- Unfortunately NO DOGS are allowed at the Midstream parkrun per order of Midstream Estate Management, thank you.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Midstream parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionThis is a clockwise single lap course. The course starts in the greenbelt, between Midstream Ridge and Midfield Estate, running in a southerly direction. Exit the greenbelt and turn right onto the K220. The run is parallel to the K220 for just over 1km, uphill, until the Midway Boulevard traffic lights. This is the halfway mark! Turn right at this intersection and follow the paved footpath. (The Midfield Golf course is on one's righthand side). Continue with Midway Boulevard until Purple Cow. Follow the route markers (cones) at the entrance to Midfield Estate, cross over at the security control point and back onto the footpath on the other side. Continue with Midstream Ridge drive for 1km before turning right, back into the greenbelt for the last 500 meters. Follow the wire fence past the start and turn left and follow the path up to the finish Line. This is a fast route with 3km on wide compacted gravel/grass tracks and 2km on paving.
Please note NO DOGS or BICYCLES are allowed at this event.
Sufficient designated parking near the parkrun start/finish area along Midstream Ridge Drive supervised by estate security. Unisex toilet facilities available at the start/finish area.
Location of startThe run starts in the greenbelt between Midstream Ridge and Midfield Estate see the pin on the map.
Getting there by public transportUse the Gautrain bus service to Midstream Estate. Get off at the bus stop in front of the churches and walk approximately 1 km in a Western direction until you reach Midstream Ridge Primary School.
Getting there on footN/A
Getting there by roadIf you are traveling on N1 North from Johannesburg, take the second Old Johannesburg off ramp, just after going under bridge (old Johannesburg rd). After coming back over highway with slipway (traveling back in the direction of Johannesburg) , turn left onto Brakfontein rd at the traffic light, with SA Storage on your left hand side. Go straight with Brakfontein rd, over four (4) traffic lights, past Herritage Hill on your left hand side. At the fifth (5) traffic light go straight and enter Midstream Estate. Go straight over 3 circles, passing Sasol garage just after 2nd circle. At the 4th circle turn left to Midstream Ridge. At the next circle turn right and park your car.
If you are traveling on N1 South from JPretoria, take the Brakfontein off ramp before MAN Truck & Bus. Go over traffic light with Grey Owl shopping centre on your left hand side. At the following traffic light turn left into Brakfontein rd. Go straight with Brakfontein rd, over four (4) traffic lights, past Herritage Hill on your left hand side. At the fifth (5) traffic light go straight and enter Midstream Estate. Go straight over 3 circles, passing Sasol garage just after 2nd circle. At the 4th circle turn left to Midstream Ridge. At the next circle turn right and park your car.
Start -25,9193666, 28,2057358
Parking and Finish 25°55'12.4"S 28°12'37.8"E
Parking at 1 Midstream Ridge, Ridgeway Avenue, Midstream, 1692