Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms
The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Grey Goose, Memel road, Newcastle. The course is run entirely on paved paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Grey Goose parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Grey Goose parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionStart at the main parking lot at Grey Goose Game Lodge overlooking the dam with a beautiful backdrop of the foothills of the Drakensberg mountain range. Head towards the main gate on the paved road where you will turn around and head back towards the main lodge. As you near the lodge, you will turn left and follow the road that loops around the lodge area. On this road from the main gate you will have a lovely view of Zebra, Blesbuck, Springbuck, Red Hartebeest, Black Wildebeest and even Ostriches! As you complete the loop around the lodge toward the starting point, you will make a sharp left of the road and onto a paved walkway surrounding the beautiful dam with Egyptian Geese, Swans, and loads more feathered friends! Enjoy the scenery while running around the dam and back to the original starting point. This lap is 2.5km. You will run two laps to complete the 5km.
Ample parking, restrooms along the way, children play area and refreshment facilities for after the parkrun.
Location of startThe run starts at the main parking lot at Grey Goose Game Lodge.
Getting there by public transportSee directions by road.
Getting there on footSee directions by road.
Getting there by roadDrive along Allen Street, turn left at the robot of McDonalds. Drive straight on that road for about 2km, this road will become the Memel road as you leave Newcastle. Keep going on that road for about another 1,5km. Grey Goose guest farm will be on your left. Turn left into the Grey Goose entrance. Keep straight along the road and you will see the parkrun banners up ahead.
Latitude: 29.926333, Longitude: -27.74348