Delta parkrun is delighted to announce that it will be hosting an extra event this Freedom Day - April 27, 2020. Get your usual Saturday fix on Freedom Day too. Whoop whoop!!
So this is Christmas
It's time to have fun
Another year over
But there's still parkrun
A parkrun at Christmas!
And one on New Year
That starts at 09h30
Walk, run or volunteer
Look out for the doubles
There are plenty around
Check out the compendium
Where they can be found
(with thanks to Southwark parkrun)
Great news! Delta parkrun will once again host an event on Christmas Day (at 08h00) and on New Year's Dat (at 09h30). These will be official parkruns and they will count towards your milestones.
Some of the other Joburg parkruns will also hold events on New Year's Day, so you will be able to do two runs that day and both will count towards your official parkrun total. Check them out here: http://www.parkrun.co.za/christmas-compendium/
We would love to host you at Delta parkrun if you are in Joburg over the festive season!
Delta will be hosting additional events on both Christmas Day 2016 (at 08h00) and New Year's Day 2017 (at 07h30). Some of the other Joburg parkruns will also hold events on New Year's Day, so you will be able to do two runs that day and both will count towards your official parkrun total.
If you are in joburg over the holiday season, be sure to join in the fun!
2015 will see Delta parkrun hosting extra events on Christmas Day and on New Year's Day. The only parkrun to be held in Gauteng on Christmas, Delta parkrun will take place at the normal time of 08h00. On New Year's day, you will be able to do two parkruns and they will both qualify as official runs. Delta and Lonehill will start at 07h30 and Golden Harvest and Modderfontein will start at 09h30. Please go to our Facebook page (Delta parkrun) for more information and a map to Modderfontein. We hope to see as many parkrunners as possible and look forward to hosting you. The Delta Team
Tomorrow 5th May will see the start of the CGA league cross country season. The first event will start at 12:30 in Delta Park. Delta parkrun will still take place tomorrow as usual at 9:00am. If any one is able to help tomorrow by volunteering please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
This afternoon we walked the route. The ground is hard and dry and the grass has been cut. This should make for faster times! See you tomorrow!
Come join Bruce at the Reach For A Dream Pasta Party on the 10th March at Danilos Trattoria 27 Elm Street The Glen Curve Shopping Centre Dowerglen, Edenvale for 18h00.
Book now seats are limited! Over R50 000 in cash prizes to be won and Collectors (10th Anniversary) medal for all finishers within the cut-off times. .Spread the Word - Entries for the Re/Max Challenge 2012 are now open limited to 4 500 entries only!Event Co-Sponsors .Race Information and RulesRegistrationPrizesRulesEntry FeesReach for a Dream Contact Detailsinfo@remaxchallenge.co.za 084 714 6232 Registration Venues and Times
All entrants MUST register before the event, and collect their race number and goodie bag:
Running Inn Pretoria: Shop # 1 Brooklyn Centre 751 Duncan Road, Brooklyn Wednesday 7 March 09:30 - 17:00
Running Inn Kensington: Shop # 10 Kensington Gardens 81 – 85 Langerman Drive, Kensington Thursday 8 March 09:30 - 17:00
Re/Max One Bedfordview: 30 Bradford Road, Bedfordview (Opposite Eastgate Shopping Centre) Friday 9 March 09:30 - 17:00
Re/Max One Edenvale: 15 Linksfield Road, Edenvale (Opposite Edenvale High School) Saturday 10 March 09:30 - 15:00 Edenvale High School: Sunday 11 March from 05:00 (No goodie bag or T-shirt will be handed out on Race Day)
NO CHIP, NO TIME, NO PRIZES. Runners who do not have a ChampionChip can purchase one when entering on-line. The chip is a once off purchase which can be used at any future ChampionChip timed event, be it road running (eg. Comrades), cycling or swimming. ChampionChip cost: R100
RESULTS: www.remaxchallenge.co.za or www.championchip.co.za (available on race day) PrizesPrize giving starts at 8:45am Over R50 000 in cash prizes to be won Collector's (10th Anniversary) medal for all finishers within the cut - off times Goodie bag and T-shirt to first 3000 pre-entrants (provided numbers are collected prior to race day) 42/21Km Race Rules
1. NO CHIP - NO RESULTS - NO PRIZES (21km & 42km only).
2. The race is held under the rules of ASA and CGA.
3. All participants must wear the race number provided on the front of their vests.
4. Registered athletes must: - belong to a club affiliated to ASA - wear their club colours - wear their 2012 licence number on the back of their vestsNO 2011 LICENCE NUMBERS WILL BE PERMITTED. IF YOU ARE NOT IN POSSESSION OF A 2012 LICENCE, YOU MUST PURCHASE A TEMPORARY LICENCE ON THE DAY OF THE RACE OR AT REGISTRATION.
5. Non-registered runners must buy a temporary licence on Race Day and wear plain clothing with the temporary licence on the back of their vests.
6. In the event of non-participation, an entrant may not allow another runner to use their number without prior permission from the Race Organiser, which must be obtained at least 48 hours in advance.
7. No refunds.
8. Age category ID tags must be visible on both front and back of athletes competing for category prizes.
9. Proof of age to be produced on request on Race Day. No runner under the age of 16 years (21km), 20 years (42km) will be allowed to enter.
10. Runners indemnify national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against all and any actions of whatsoever nature that may occur during the race.
11. Athletes participate at their own risk.
12. No seconding or bicycles are allowed along the route. Ample refreshment stations are provided.
13. No blades, cycles, scooters or mechanically operated devices.
14. No 2, 3 or 4 wheel carts/prams which are mechanically or manually operated by articipants, will be permitted to participate without the special permission has been granted, rams/carts must start a the back of the field.
15. We regret that athletes are not allowed to participate with pets. 16. All traffic officers and officials instructions to be obeyed.
17. No T-shirts and Goodie Bags will be handed out after the race.
18. International athletes must provide clearance letters in the event of their winning a prize.
19. Cut-off times: 09:00 (both 21km and 5km) and 11h00 (42km).
20. Prize-giving: 09:00 (21km) and 08:45 (5km) and 11h00 (42km).
21. No duplicate of lost numbers will be issued on Race Day.
22. Any remaining race numbers will be sold on Saturday 10 March 2012 at the race venue from 9:30 until 13:00, and on Sunday 11 March from 4:45.
23. An additional late entry levy of R25 will be payable (21km & 42km only).
24. Walkers must comply with international walking rules and wear an identifying 'W'.
ChampionChip Required** All participants are required to have a ChampionChip to receive a result and be eligible for prizes. 42Km 21Km 5km Chase Pre-Entry R95-00 R65-00 R20-00 Temporary Licence R40-00 R20-00 N/A Late Entry R120-00 R90-00 N/A Grand Masters R45-00 R35-00 N/A Blind Runners (entries at Registration) Free Free Free ChampionChip (new chip purchasers only) R100-00 R100-00 N/A 5km Reach For A Dream Chase
WHEN: Sunday 11 March 2012 START: 06:15 WHERE: Edenvale High School, Linksfield Road
ENTRIES: Saturday 10 March between 09:30 and 15:00 at Re/Max Edenvale, Sunday 11 March from 05:00 at Race Venue, Edenvale High School. You can also enter at www.championchip.co.za
ENTRY FEE: R20 (proceeds go to Reach For A Dream) Blind runners
FREE ENQUIRIES: Jo-Anne Buchner 084 568 1336 or email@example.com Event Medal to ALL finishers 5km Chase Rules: Click here to read the race rules (Pdf) Visit Reach for a Dream website www.reachforadream.org.za Reach For A Dream Pasta PartyCome join Bruce at the Reach For A Dream Pasta Party on the 10th March at Danilos Trattoria 27 Elm Street The Glen Curve Shopping Centre Dowerglen, Edenvale for 18h00. Book now seats are limited!
WHERE : Danilos Tratoria, The Curve Shopping Centre, Dowerglen. WHEN : 18h00 on 10th March 2012 COST : R150 per seat (seats limited to 150)
BOOKINGS : Online with your race entry at www.championchip.co.za or contact the race office on 084 714 6232 Training Programmes
Bruce Fordyce and parkrun have collaborated to design a training program for you to achieve your time goal at the Remax Challenge. Simply click on the relevant link below to download Bruce’s training guide for your race. Don’t forget to join him every Saturday for a free, timed 5km run at Delta Park. 21km – Sub 2 (Pdf)42km – Sub 4 (Pdf)42km – Sub 5 (Pdf)Route map - 2012 (Pdf) News FlashNew, flatter course in 2012 promises some fast times for Comrades Bruce Fordyce presents inaugural Pasta Party in aid of Reach for a Dream ChampionChip timed event – NO CHIP, NO TIME, NO PRIZE Goody Bags (including R100 Spur voucher!) to first 3000 entrants of the 21km and 42km race New, flatter course in 2012 promises some fast times for Comrades