The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at 275m in from126 Mopani Road, Hennopspark, Centurion. The course is run on a mixture of grass, trail paths and bridge walkway . Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Bronberrik parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Due to the nature of the course if a participant wishes to participate with a buggy or wheelchair please contact the team in advance to discuss parts of the course which may be harder for them.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Bronberrik parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionThis is a 1.75 lap clockwise course.
The starting point is on the East bank of the spruit about 275 metres in from 126 Mopani Road.
Run about 120 metres then turn left and head up Dumb Bell Hill, keeping walls on your left. Up to top towards Ben Schoeman Freeway and follow markers down the other side of the hill, keeping walls to your left.
At the bottom of the hill left again keeping the complex wall to your left. Run about 600 metres through to Bronberrik Park towards Kilkenny Road. Follow markers round and head down West bank of spruit (about 1km) through to gate in Mopani Road. Run along sidewalk and over bridge on your right side of bridge. - DO NOT RUN IN ROAD - DO NOT CROSS ROAD
Run from Mopani Road entrance to start and almost another lap again to the finish area - about 900 metres along the West bank of the spruit, under the trees.
There are no toilet facilities in the park, but there is a garage and shopping centre within 1km of start. Street parkring in Mopani Road and Blackwood Road and also at Hennopsview Centre. Terrain is unsuitable for buggies or wheelchairs or crutches. One dog on a short lead. Please pick up after your pet.
Location of startThe run starts on the East bank of the spruit about 275 metres in from 126 Mopani Road.
Getting there by public transportOnly taxi from Pretoria or Centurion travelling along Old Johannesburg Road/ Pretoria Road (R101). Nearest stop would be Zwartkops Hoer.
Getting there on footFrom Bronberrik East walk through Bronberrik Park on the right side of the spruit to get to the start. Please be early enough so as not to interfere with the run itself.
Getting there by roadHeading south from Pretoria make your way to Old Pretoria Road, R101. Cross M10 near Zwartkops Golf course. Cross Lyttelton/ Saxby Road. Just past Zwartkops Hoer turn left into Mopani Road. About 1km down the road you will see parkrun signs on your right.
Heading North from Johannesburg make your way to Old Pretoria road, R101. Cross M27 (Escort Ave) Cross M25 ( Hendrik Verwoed Drive - which goes to Centurion City). At next traffic light turn right into Mopani Road.
GPS S 25° 51’ 08.51 E 28° 10’ 20.72 position of entry to start.