Botanical Garden parkrun
What is Botanical Garden parkrun?
A free, fun, and friendly weekly 5k community event. Walk, jog, run, volunteer or spectate – it's up to you!
When is it?
Every Saturday at 8:00am.
Where is it?
The event takes place at Pretoria Botanical Garden, 2 Cussonia Ave, Pretoria, 0186. Please note that if you do not bring your barcode along you will have to pay to enter to the Botanical Garden. Due to the large number of participants people have to park far outside the premises. We therefore continuously urge participants to arrive early to avoid being turned away or required to pay entry fee, if arriving after 08:00. Please also note that the gates close at 8:00. Unfortunately due to the nature of the Garden, NO dogs are allowed. See Course page for more details.
What does it cost to join in?
Nothing - it's free! but please register before you first come along. Only ever register with parkrun once. Don't forget to bring a printed copy of your barcode (request a reminder). If you forget it, you won't get a time
How fast do I have to be?
We all take part for our own enjoyment. Please come along and join in whatever your pace!
Botanical Garden parkrun needs you!
It is entirely organised by volunteers - email firstname.lastname@example.org to help.
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in the MilkPlum café inside the Botanical Garden grounds (this is not free) - please come and join us!
Thanks to this week's volunteers
Ann SMYTHE • Anri VAN ASWEGEN • Carla DE BRUIN • Carla ROSSOUW • Caroline TE REH • Deborah ELDER • Elicia ERASMUS • Izel KLEIN • Jj VAN GINKEL • Linda DE BRUIN • Linda SUNG • Margrit DRESCHER • Martie ESTERHUIZEN • Mathilda VAN NIEKERK • Ming-Ming SUNG • Nadine CALLAGHAN • Natalie LUBBE • Onicca MPHAKE • Shirley BOWEN
See our volunteer page for details on getting involved in making Botanical Garden parkrun happen.
Botanical Garden parkrun takes place every Saturday at 8:00am.
Please note Botanical Garden parkrun is cancelled on 02/10/21 - See the news page for more detail
Other parkruns nearbyVoortrekker Monument (10.2km), Hazeldean Farm (13.3km), Hillside (13.6km), Valhalla (14.7km), Bronberrik (16.4km), Roses (17.3km), Laudium (18.8km), Midstream (21.3km)
- We operate a No barcode, No result policy, so please bring a physical barcode with you.
- Barcodes on mobile phones and other electronic devices will not be accepted.
- If you need to reprint your barcode, please see your registration email, previous results or ‘thanks for volunteering’ email or you can request a reminder email.
- Coming along for the first time? Please make sure you have registered and also read the course description.
- Did you take part this week? Check out the results page and news page which includes event reports - we normally update these a day or two after the event.
- Not received your results email? It may be in your spam folder. We've a few tips on our support site to help you.
- You look great! Have a look at the event photos.
- Want to know more? Read about us and the event.
- Our links page connects you to local and national running resources.
- This event is run by volunteers who love running; if you want to join us, find out more on our volunteering page.
- Summary event statistics are at the bottom of every page.
- Any other questions? Read our dedicated support site.